Career Coaching with Chris Cooper
Working with a career coach is the best way move forward with your career. Too many people get caught in the trap of an unrewarding career, which negatively impacts on their happiness and wellbeing. This is not sustainable in the long term. What might have seemed the right career choice at the time, may no longer be the case.
Likewise, people find themselves stuck at the same rung of the career ladder, which can drain their confidence in their ability to progress. It might be the case that you’ve been made redundant and don’t know how to find the next role for you. Or perhaps you’ve had enough of working for someone else and yearn to set up your own business – but you don’t yet feel confident enough to take this step.
For all of these reasons and more, career coaching is the right solution for you. It’s the best way to work out what to do next and progress to achieve your life and career goals.
Read on to learn:
- What career coaching is.
- How career coaching can help you.
- My background and the work I do as a career coach.
- What my clients have experienced from working with me.
- How to arrange a free 30 minute telephone consultation with me
What is Career Coaching?
Career coaching enables you to take greater control of your career. It enables you to explore what you want from your career and create a strategy and actions for achieving it. You can pro-actively make changes so work feels more purposeful and in alignment with the life you want for yourself.
People work with career coaches at all stages of their working lives. It’s the best way to take manage your career and bring more joy into your life. Whether you’re near the start or in the later stages of your career, working with a professional career coach will help you get there.
Do I need a careers coach?
Here are some of the main reasons people choose to work with a coach to help them advance their career:
- Not happy in your job, feeling stuck and you don’t know what to do next.
- You’d like a career change and to find a new challenge– but you don’t know what you want to do or how to do it.
- Poor work-life balance – your career is negatively impacting on your personal and/or family life.
- Your career has plateaued and you feel stuck in a rut.
- You’ve started a new role and are experiencing imposter syndrome – which is affecting your performance.
- Lack of confidence in your own abilities is holding you back from what you want to do. For example, delivering presentations, managing conflict and leading teams.
- You want to set up your own business, but don’t know where to start.
- Feeling anxious or stressed, experiencing procrastination and loss of motivation for work.
- Redundancy: help to create a new strategy to find the right next job.
- Getting the basics right: your CV, LinkedIn profile and preparing for job interviews.
Do any of the above reasons resonate with you? If so, I can help.
I’ve worked with other people to help them beat each and every one of these things. I also experienced many of these things myself before discovering coaching was the right job for me. The reason why I specialise in career coaching is because I’m passionate about helping people find greater happiness and fulfilment with a career they love.
How can career coaching help me?
Here are some of the ways I can help you as your career coach:
- Identifying your life purpose – what you really want to do with your life and career and how to make it happen.
- Exploring values and wider life goals to find the right career.
- Working out what you want to do next in your career and putting in place a career transition strategy
- Creating ideas for a new business and putting in place a comprehensive strategy to build it from the ground up.
- Beating imposter syndrome, procrastination, lack of motivation, burn out and other work-related stress.
- Managing conflict and your emotions to be more effective and resilient at work.
- Rewiring unhealthy behaviour patterns that negatively impact on your wellbeing.
- Improving confidence and personal skills to enhance career development e.g. interview coaching, presentation skills, time management, leadership.
- Moving forward positively from redundancy, building your confidence back up and with a strategy for your next role.
Chris Cooper: Career Coach
I work with professionals to achieve greater fulfilment from their careers and feel happier across their lives as a whole.
My approach it to help people better understand themselves, what they want from their career and how this relates to the rest of their life. Then, equipped with greater self awareness, I help them to move forwards positively in sculpting their careers to achieve the life they want.
Often this leads to a career change, sometimes to setting up your own business. At other times the right way forward is developing skills and resources to perform better and feel happier with what you are doing now. One thing that’s common for everyone – it’s an exciting journey of self discovery, which leads to greater happiness and wellbeing that spreads beyond their careers.
Coaching Programme Designed For You
The work I do with my coaching clients is tailored to each individual’s current situation and life and career goals – rather than following a prescriptive, routine set of sessions that may not be right for everyone.
This means I can help with anything from a full service career change strategy to beating limiting self beliefs, rewiring behaviour patterns and overcoming other roadblocks that have impeded progress in both your personal and professional lives. I place great emphasis on taking care of your wellbeing, with the ultimate goal being greater happiness through a more rewarding career – a life filled with greater joy and purpose.
My approach offers something different to most career coaches. I draw together a unique skillset incorporating multiple coaching frameworks, NLP, positive psychology and neuroscience.
Learn more About Me
Why Choose Chris as Your Career Coach?
So you’ve decided that coaching is the way ahead? The next step is to find the best career coach, the one who is right coach for you. So why choose me to help you?
Firstly, I have been through multiple major career changes on my way to becoming a coach and setting up my own business. My own personal journey navigating the jobs market, developing new skills and overcoming many challenges inspired me to become a coach, so I can help other people do the same.
I’ve worked in skilled professional roles in the corporate world and as a director in small businesses. This means I understand what it’s like working in a variety of business environments. I’ve worked in locations across the UK and my career has taken me around the world.
Eventually I worked out the life I wanted to create and developed my career around this. I’m happy and have a fantastic work-life balance where all areas are co-exist in harmony. Whatever your own career goals are, I can help you do the same.
Reviews: What My Clients Say
Don’t just take my word for it. Check out some of the many reviews I have received from my career coaching clients. Most of these recommendations were posted directly by them to my LinkedIn profile. The small circle at the bottom of each review links to each client’s LinkedIn profile, where available.
How It Works – Online Career Coaching
I provide coaching online by telephone or video call from my base in Manchester in the North West of England. Working online means that I work with clients all across the English speaking world. So, whether you live in the UK or the USA, Asia or Australia, London or Los Angeles, I can help.
Online coaching offers the advantage of being able to choose the right coach for you, regardless of where you live. The timing of sessions can be more flexible and you can be coached wherever you feel most comfortable. For example, at home, your office or while you’re away. Whatever is best for you.
Following an initial consultation, I will design a coaching package based on the outcomes you want to achieve, starting from six sessions. In addition, more immersive packages providing greater access and levels of support are also available. I will help you decide what’s right for you.
Get Started: Book a Free Telephone Consultation
The best way to get started is to book a free 30 minute coaching discovery telephone call. You can do this instantly, accessing my calendar for a convenient appointment, with no need to call or email in advance.
You can also get in touch with me me by calling me on 07968 851002. Please send me a text message if I am unable to answer and I will get back to you. Likewise, you can email me at [email protected]