Would you like to make changes to your career?
Maybe you’re looking to find a career that better aligns with the lifestyle you want. Perhaps you want to set up your own business, but you’re not sure what to do next.
If so, career coaching will help you get there.
What is career coaching?
Career coaching and executive coaching is all about taking control of your career, so that it works for you – rather than the other way around. So many people drift through their career without any plan for what they want to achieve during their working life, and therefore have no strategy to get there.
Working with a career coach is a pro-active way to take back the reins so that you are making the right decisions and feel in charge of your destiny, equipped with the skills and confidence to achieve what you want to do.
Do I need a career coach?
There are lots of different reasons why people choose to work with me as their career coach or job coach.
Here are some of the most common signs you need career coaching:
- Not happy in your job, feel stuck and don’t know what to do next
- You’d like to change career or find a new challenge– but you’re not sure what or how to do it
- Feels like you have no work-life balance and your career is negatively impacting on your personal or family life
- Seems like your career has plateaued and you are stuck in a rut
- Lack of confidence in your abilities is holding you back from what you want to do
- You would like to set up your own business, but don’t know where to start
- Feeling anxious or stressed, experiencing procrastinating and lost your motivation for work
- Not in employment and you’re looking for a new strategy to find a job
- Job hunting but your search is not focused and you’re making no real progress
How can career coaching help me?
Career or executive coaching is right for you if you’re looking to put a strategy in place for the career you want to achieve. Whether you’re looking to make changes across your whole life or need help with personal development to take your existing career to the next level, I will work you explore your career options and reach your career goals.
Here are some of the areas I typically work with people on:
Career Change, Executive Coaching and Professional Development
- Exploring values and wider life goals to find the right career
- Working out what you want to do next in your career and putting in place a strategy to achieve the career transition that’s right for you
- Overcoming procrastination, lack of motivation and work related stress
- Managing conflict and your emotions to be more effective and resilient at work
- Improving confidence and personal skills to enhance career development e.g. interviews, presentation skills, time management, leadership
- Resolving conflict and developing and improving relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Breaking free from the corporate world to set up your own business
Small Business Owners and Freelancers
- Developing your business to achieve defined life and career goals
- Overcoming procrastination and ‘freelancer blues’ and increasing your personal productivity
- Managing your wellbeing to stay focused and motivated for success
- Targeted marketing, online and social media strategy to grow your business
Career Consultant or Career Advisor?
My role as a career coach and consultant is to help my clients explore what they want from life and career and work side by side to support and motivate them to achieve it. Coaching goes beyond careers advice, which is more centre on help choosing a career direction. My job isn’t to tell you what to do, it is to help you understand yourself better and gain clarity over what you want from your career. The work we do together is creative and will help you overcome the things that have stopped you before.
You’ll have a plan and a strategy to achieve your career goals and I’ll support you to accomplish them.
If you’d like to learn more what to expect from life coach or career coach services, check out my article What is Coaching
Why choose me as your career coach?
If you’ve decided that coaching is the way ahead, the next step is to find a career coach who is right coach for you. So why choose me to help you?
I have been through three major career changes working in a variety of roles in four very different industries on my way to becoming a coach and setting up my own business. It is my own personal journey navigating the jobs market, developing new skills and overcoming many challenges that inspired me to become a coach, so I can help other people do the same.
I’ve worked in the corporate world and as a senior manager for a small business, so I understand what it’s like working in a variety of business environments. From retail to leisure and tourism to property to sport and to health. In the office, on the shop floor, on a building site and even on an aeroplane.
Eventually I worked out the life I wanted to create and developed my career around this. I’m happy and have a fantastic work-life balance where all areas are co-exist in harmony. Whatever your own career goals are, I can help you do the same.
I completed my training as a Personal Performance Coach with The Coaching Academy, based in the UK, which is the world’s biggest coach training provider with qualifications accredited by the International Coach Federation. I am also an NLP Practitioner, which means I am able to offer Neuro-linguistic Programming techniques as part of my coaching packages.
Learn more About Me
Career and Executive Coaching Programmes
I offer one-to-one coaching sessions by phone or video call (e.g. Skype or Zoom).
Online coaching also makes it easy to fit sessions in around your other life commitments and also means you can coached wherever is best and most convenient for you – at home, your office or while you’re away.
Coaching online also means I work with clients from around the world, covering many time zones. This takes away the location barrier in finding the right coach for you.
Coaching programmes are designed around your work and life commitments to make the best use of our time together. Every individual I work with has different outcomes they want to achieve, so I plan sessions accordingly across six or twelve sessions.
I’m based in Manchester and can also offer services in the workplace to employers based in Greater Manchester and other areas of the UK. In particular I work with small businesses and social enterprises to support their business growth.
How do I get started?
The best way to get started is to arrange a free, no obligations half hour discovery call. We can explore where you are right now, discuss the outcomes you are looking to achieve and work out the best way forward. I can also answer any questions you may have about working with me as your coach.
Arrange your free coaching discovery call.
Looking for Daily Inspiration?